I am both honored and humbled to serve as the president of the Rotary E-Club of World Peace. I will bring together the networks, initiatives, inspirations, and people of my journeys to fulfill this year’s Rotary theme “Imagine Rotary.” We are in a critical time in our lives and for local and global well-being and all of our resources are needed, now.
The local and global challenges before us as citizens of the world and Rotarians are vast and many. We are fortunate to be part of Rotary which has the capacity to make important positive impact in these challenges around the world. Each of the members of our EClub are accomplished leaders in their own right and have exceptional experience and skills in various forms of peacebuilding. Therefore, goals for this year include:
- Provide initiatives and projects that inspire our members to step forward and put their skills to work to Imagine Rotary and dream big.
- Encourage members to embrace and live the foundational values of Rotary to be true examples of peacebuilders.
- Move forward with both tried-and-true and innovative initiatives which inspire and ensure local and global actions creating the Culture of Peace.
- Take creative action steps to further raise the profile of the Rotary EClub of World Peace as an innovative leader of peacebuilding within Rotary.
- Attract greater diversity and young people to the EClub as we surpass 100 people as members.
- Support discussions with EClub members and others which explore not only initiatives for change, but for opening levels of consciousness needed for the challenges of today and in the future.
Every single day we make hundreds and hundreds of decisions. Most of these are automatic based on our learned behaviors.
In dealing with our family members, our friends, persons we meet on the street or in the grocery store, our associates at work are we truly treating them as fairly and ethically as they deserve? The next time you make a decision, we ask you to use the Four Way Test to challenge yourself to make the best and responsible choice.
Live a life “Doing the Right Thing”!